UIMLA’s Mission is to :
- Make Mountain Leaders throughout the world aware of the existence of UIMLA and encourage the forming of National Associations.
- Work towards cultural, social and legal recognition of the profession of International Mountain Leader.
- Harmonise member countries’ training and assessment in terms of minimum requirements and quality.
- Encourage and bring value to a sustainable development of mountainous regions.
- Encourage and agree the right of an IML to practise in all mountainous countries.
- Develop the visibility and professional reputation of the profession.